Chunks of Goodness
(in)Frequently asked questions
- Why do you have an iFAQ page?
- Why not?
- Do you have any heroes?
- Nope. There are people I
distinctly admire for their accomplishments – Robert Forster (no, not
popstar, the real Robert
Forster), Werner Voß, Gertude Bell, David Hume, Richard
Richard Feynman, Carl Sagan and, last but not least, Garrison Keillor –
but I doubt it matters to any of them or even, come to think of it,
They are all only human; we at least have that
- Will you appear on our TV show?
- No. Bishop's Rule No.1: no TV. Ever. I will however point
you to someone who will.
- Will you review X for us?
- No. Bishop's Rule No.2: no
reviews. Don't ask and you won't be forced to find out how much I
despise the academic review as a waste of dead trees. I will however
point you to someone who is less fussy.
- Do you have a Bishop's Rule
- Yes: Bishop's Rules Nos 1 and 2 are flexible in exchange
for obscene amounts of money, dancing girls, and a private jet ...but
only in your dreams.